Dental crowns are an excellent option to strengthen and restore any damaged teeth that you have. Our cosmetic dentist in Oshawa are experts with porcelain dental crowns.
Crowns are applied to restore and strengthen damaged teeth. This damage can result from a variety of factors, such as injury, decay, or even just normal wear and tear. Patients commonly experience pain in back teeth that have fillings due to cracks on the chewing surface of the tooth. In the front teeth, aging fillings can weaken the teeth and cause stains or chips.
A porcelain dental crown is a custom fitted covering that sits over the top of a damaged tooth. They can be used in various scenarios, often allowing our Oshawa cosmetic dentists to save a tooth instead of turning it into an implant.
There are several instances where a crown is the preferred option:
- Larger fillings that have decayed or broken down and require a crown to save the tooth
- A crown is necessary to hold a cracked tooth together
- Teeth have become sensitive from receded gums or significant wear and require crowns to seal and protect from sensitivity to hot or cold
- A broken tooth might be too weak for filling and a crown will hold it together. If the fracture is too deep, you may require root canal therapy.
- If root canal therapy has already been done, a crown will be needed to seal and protect the tooth.
The dental crown creates a surface that protects, covers, seals and strengthens your tooth. A dental crown may be the solution you need to save a tooth and we will be able to evaluate your needs at your next appointment. Please contact our Lake Vista Dental office if dental crowns in Oshawa sound like a possible option for you.
Contact Lake Vista Dental
Cosmetic Dentist in Oshawa specializing in dental crowns