Dental crowns are an excellent option to strengthen and restore any damaged teeth that you have. Our cosmetic dentist in Oshawa are experts with porcelain dental crowns.
Crowns are applied to restore and strengthen damaged teeth. This damage can result from a variety of factors, such as injury, decay, or even just normal wear and tear. Patients commonly experience pain in back teeth that have fillings due to cracks on the chewing surface of the tooth. In the front teeth, aging fillings can weaken the teeth and cause stains or chips.
A porcelain dental crown is a custom fitted covering that sits over the top of a damaged tooth. They can be used in various scenarios, often allowing our Oshawa cosmetic dentists to save a tooth instead of turning it into an implant.
There are several instances where a crown is the preferred option:
- Larger fillings that have decayed or broken down and require a crown to save the tooth
- A crown is necessary to hold a cracked tooth together
- Teeth have become sensitive from receded gums or significant wear and require crowns to seal and protect from sensitivity to hot or cold
- A broken tooth might be too weak for filling and a crown will hold it together. If the fracture is too deep, you may require root canal therapy.
- If root canal therapy has already been done, a crown will be needed to seal and protect the tooth.
The dental crown creates a surface that protects, covers, seals and strengthens your tooth. A dental crown may be the solution you need to save a tooth and we will be able to evaluate your needs at your next appointment. Please contact our Lake Vista Dental office if dental crowns in Oshawa sound like a possible option for you.
Contact Lake Vista Dental
Cosmetic Dentist in Oshawa specializing in dental crowns
Dental Crowns: Enhancing Your Smile and Dental Health
Dental Crowns in Oshawa is a versatile and effective dental treatment provided by our experienced Family Dentists and Cosmetic Dentists in Oshawa. Dental crowns, also known as dental caps, are custom-made prosthetic restorations that cover a damaged or weakened tooth, restoring its strength, functionality, and aesthetics. Whether you have a severely decayed tooth, a fractured tooth, or a tooth that has undergone root canal therapy, a dental crown can provide the necessary protection and support to enhance both your smile and dental health.
How Dental Crowns Work
The process of receiving a dental crown typically involves two visits to our Dental Clinic in Oshawa. Here is an overview of the steps involved in getting a dental crown:
- Consultation and Examination: During your initial visit, our skilled Dentists will conduct a thorough examination of your oral health and assess the tooth that requires a dental crown. We will discuss your concerns, goals, and treatment options, including the various types of dental crowns available, such as porcelain dental crowns or custom dental crowns. Our goal is to create a personalized treatment plan that meets your unique needs.
- Tooth Preparation: To ensure a proper fit, the tooth receiving the crown needs to be prepared. Our Dentists will carefully remove any decayed or damaged portions of the tooth and reshape it to accommodate the dental crown. Local anesthesia is administered to ensure your comfort throughout the procedure.
- Impressions and Temporary Crown: After tooth preparation, impressions of your teeth are taken to create a precise mold. This mold serves as a blueprint for fabricating your custom dental crown. While your permanent crown is being created in a dental laboratory, a temporary crown is placed over your prepared tooth for protection and aesthetics.
- Crown Placement: Once your custom dental crown is ready, you will return for your second visit. Our Dentists will remove the temporary crown and carefully place the permanent crown over your prepared tooth. We will ensure that the crown fits perfectly and is aligned with your bite. Any necessary adjustments will be made to guarantee optimal comfort and functionality.
- Final Bonding: Once the dental crown is in the ideal position, our Dentists will use dental cement to permanently bond it to your tooth. The crown is securely attached, providing long-lasting support and protection.
With proper care, including regular oral hygiene practices and routine visits to our Dental Office in Oshawa, your dental crown can last for many years, allowing you to enjoy a beautiful smile and restored dental function.
Common Dental Issues that May Require a Dental Crown
Dental Crowns in Oshawa are versatile dental restorations that can address a variety of dental issues. Here are some common dental problems that may require a dental crown:
- Tooth Decay: When a tooth is severely decayed and a filling is not sufficient to restore its structure, a dental crown may be recommended. The crown covers the decayed portion, protecting the remaining healthy tooth structure and preventing further damage.
- Cracked or Fractured Teeth: Teeth that are cracked or fractured can be weakened and at risk of further damage or infection. A dental crown can provide strength and support to the damaged tooth, preventing it from breaking further and preserving its functionality.
- Large Fillings: When a tooth has a large filling, there is a risk of the tooth structure becoming weakened over time. A dental crown can be placed to provide additional reinforcement and protect the tooth from fracture.
- Root Canal Treatment: After undergoing root canal therapy, a tooth becomes more susceptible to fracture due to the removal of its internal structure. A dental crown is often recommended to strengthen and protect the tooth, ensuring its long-term viability.
- Cosmetic Purposes: Dental crowns can also be used for cosmetic reasons. They can enhance the appearance of teeth that are severely discolored, misshapen, or have undergone significant dental work. Porcelain dental crowns, in particular, offer natural-looking and aesthetically pleasing results.
Can Dental Crowns Be Used to Replace Missing Teeth?
Dental crowns are primarily used to restore damaged teeth, but they can also be part of a dental bridge or implant-supported prosthesis to replace missing teeth. In these cases, the dental crown serves as the prosthetic tooth that is attached to the adjacent natural teeth or dental implants.
For a dental bridge, the crowns on either side of the gap are called abutment crowns, and they support the artificial tooth (pontic) in the middle. The crowns are cemented onto the natural teeth adjacent to the gap, providing stability and functionality to the dental bridge.
In the case of dental implants, a dental crown is attached to the implant post, which acts as an artificial tooth root. This crown replaces the visible part of the missing tooth and provides a natural-looking and functional replacement.
Choosing Lake Vista Dental, Your Trusted Dental Clinic
At Lake Vista Dental, our team of experienced Family Dentists and Cosmetic Dentists in Oshawa is dedicated to providing exceptional dental care, including dental crowns, to our valued patients. With our state-of-the-art facilities and commitment to personalized treatment plans, we strive to exceed your expectations and deliver optimal results. At our dental clinic in Oshawa, we specialize in providing dental crowns that are known for their perfectness in restoring damaged or weakened teeth. Our team of experienced family dentists and cosmetic dentists in Oshawa is dedicated to delivering high-quality dental services, including dental crown treatments, to help you achieve a healthy and beautiful smile.
Dental crowns, also referred to as caps, are meticulously designed to fit over the entire visible portion of a tooth, offering both functional and aesthetic benefits. With our dental crown services in Oshawa, you can expect exceptional results that blend seamlessly with your natural teeth, ensuring a perfect smile.
We offer a range of dental crown options, including porcelain dental crowns and custom dental crowns, to cater to your specific needs. Our skilled dentists will assess your oral health and carefully craft a dental crown that matches the shape, size, and color of your natural teeth. The result is a restoration that not only enhances the appearance of your smile but also provides durability and long-lasting performance.
As trusted family dentists and cosmetic dentists in Oshawa, we prioritize your comfort and satisfaction throughout the dental crown treatment process. Our team will explain each step of the procedure and address any concerns you may have. We utilize advanced techniques and state-of-the-art equipment to ensure precise and accurate dental crown placement.
When you choose our dental clinic in Oshawa for your dental crown needs, you can expect exceptional care from our experienced team. We are committed to providing personalized dental services that prioritize your oral health and enhance the perfectness of your smile. Visit our dental office today and experience the expertise of our family dentists and cosmetic dentists in Oshawa who are dedicated to delivering outstanding dental crown treatments.
If you require dental crowns or any other dental services in Oshawa, trust Lake Vista Dental to provide you with the highest quality of care. Our skilled dentists and friendly staff will ensure your comfort and satisfaction throughout your dental treatment journey.
Contact Lake Vista Dental today to schedule a consultation and discover how our Dental Clinic in Oshawa can meet your dental needs. Let us help you achieve a healthy, beautiful smile that lasts a lifetime.
Lake Vista Dental offers Children's Dentistry, Dental Fillings, Dental Bonding, Dental Crowns, Dental Implants, Dental Veneers, Dental Surgery & Sedation Dentistry, Teeth Whitening, Emergency Dentist, Root Canal Treatment, Dentures, and Gum Treatments.
Request An Appointment
Use our online request form to set up your next appointment from the computer you are sitting at right now.Get In Touch
Questions Or Comments
Ask our team members an Oral Health question or leave a comment letting us know how we've made you smile.Call Now
Regain the Beauty and Function of Your Teeth
Cosmetic Dentist in Oshawa, ON
Get in touch with us to discuss any dental treatment that you are interested in as well as to explore other available options. We have clients visiting our Dental Clinic from across Oshawa, Whitby, Bowmanville, Clarington, and the surrounding areas. Oshawa Dentists at Lake Vista Dental will work with you to give you the smile you deserve.