Dental Crowns in Oshawa
Our cosmetic dentist in Oshawa offers porcelain dental crowns to restore and strengthen damaged teeth. A porcelain dental crown is a custom-fitted covering that sits over the top of a damaged tooth. The dental crown creates a surface that protects, covers, seals, and strengthens your tooth.
Crowns are used in many different scenarios and often allow us to save a tooth rather than turn into an implant.
Situations where a crown may be the solution include:
- Larger fillings that have broken down or have formed decay around them may need a crown to save the tooth.
- A cracked tooth may need a crown to hold it together. Be careful not to wait too long as an untreated cracked tooth can become sensitive or eventually break.
- Teeth that are very sensitive, either from a lot of "wear" or from receded gums sometimes require crowns to seal and protect the teeth from hot and cold sensitivity.
- A tooth that has broken may be too weak to hold a filling. A crown will hold the tooth together and prevent it from breaking again. If the fracture is too deep, Root Canal Therapy may be required before the tooth is crowned.
- A tooth that has undergone Root Canal Therapy will need a crown to properly seal and protect the tooth.
A dental crown may be the solution to saving that tooth; we will evaluate your needs depending on your oral health and the condition of your teeth. Contact our Oshawa cosmetic dental office to learn more!